sailing at Clapham on the 4th October.

October 5, 2009 at 10:33 am | Posted in News | Leave a comment

This was scheduled as a 1M sailing day but the water is still very low and 1M sailing will have to be postponed I fear untill repairs are carried out on the cracks and holes in the pond wall through which we think the water is leaking out. The Chairman has been in contact with the Council who have agreed to do the neccessary repairs, but when? The low water state is that for which the Soling class was adopted by the Club and in due course our Soling fleet appeared on the water. I think we may well have to accept that the first Sunday in the month will be a Soling day in place of the 1M,s untill the pond can be repaired and refilled.
While some races were run I fear that no race results were kept, but I did notice that either Jim or Ted were in the lead whenever I had a chance to observe. The weather was fine but the wind was gusty making sailing a bit wild at times, this was a bit of a problem for Derek who was looking after a possible new member and what with her unfamiliarity with the radio controls and trying to cope with the frequent wind gusts, I am not sure whether she enjoyed the experience or not. We shall see.
The next scheduled meeting is on the 18th October and is for the 6M,s and we hope to see Hugh there with his new aquisition, a 6M “Rococco”, a Graham Bantock design I think.
Hope to see you all then. Derek.


Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: